Top ten inspiring lines from the book “A Woman of Independent Means” by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey.
1. I will never be content to stay at home again- at least not for very long at a time. #10
2. I know now I have been traveller all my life, but until this summer all my voyages took place within the cover of the books. #17
3. As convenient as it would be to declare our independence of material possessions, we cannot escape the fact that we are body and soul, and both require shelter. #51
4. Time is a cruel thief to rob us of our former selves. We lose as much to life as we do to death. #87
5. Life causes estrangement enough- why do we add to it out of misplaced pride? #117
6. In France, it is ideas that set men on fire. So beware of losing your heart there- it may not be returned to you intact. #202
7. The best dowry a woman can bring to a marriage is a set of memories she acquired alone. #204
8. What finally matter is what you are saying and not in which language you are saying it. #217
9. A blank page to me is like a drink to an alcoholic. #237
10. Every woman knows that making a living is just the first step. But for too many men it is the entire trip. #255
P.S. A book I would highly recommend to every girl of all generations.